Prevent Child Abuse Kentucky is looking for a Communications Assistant.
Here is a pdf from PCAK concerning that opening — Hiring Notice COMMUNICATIONS ASSIST
General Manager/Sales/Publisher – Butler County Banner/Edmonson News
Immediate opening. Position has competitive salary and benefits. Send resume and work experience to email@example.com. Jobe Publishing is a family owned newspaper, serving Barren, Butler, Edmonson, Hart, Metcalfe, Monroe and Russell counties. For more information, go to www.kypress.com to the Job Bank and pull the shade to Job Openings.
The Kentucky Standard, a 7,000-circulation tri-weekly newspaper, is seeking a general assignment reporter to cover Bardstown and Nelson County, Ky. The reporter will be responsible for covering a news beat as well as fulfilling assignments from the editor. Coverage will range from hard news to feature stories to longer-term enterprise reporting. Reporters shoot their own photos and contribute to production of the newspaper and website. Qualified candidates will have working knowledge of the principles of journalism as well as copy editing, shooting video and photos, layout with InDesign, working with online content management systems and social media.
The Kentucky Standard is located in the heart of bourbon country, 45 miles south of Louisville, in a diverse and historic area that was voted “Most Beautiful Small Town” in 2012 in a nationwide competition. For the last seven years, it has won best in its class in the statewide Kentucky Press Association competition.
The newspaper offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) and paid time off benefits. The Kentucky Standard can be found atwww.kystandard.com .
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field desired
- Good writing, researching and interviewing skills
- Good grammar, spelling and punctuation required
- Competency in photography, Photoshop
- Experience with InDesign helpful
- Good organization and time management skills must be able to meet deadlines
- Knowledge and interest in social media
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to travel to assignments
- Must be able to work some evenings and weekends to cover assignments
- Write news and features as assigned
- Develop story ideas relevant to the local community
- Shoot photographs and video as assigned and to accompany news stories
- Update and produce copy, photos, video and slideshows for the website
- Cover assigned beats will include attending meetings at nights and covering spot news
- Ensure accuracy and objectivity in all news reporting
- Meet deadlines
- Serve as positive liaison with the public
Work Schedule: Roughly 45 hours weekly, with some evening and weekend work required.
Applicants should submit a cover letter detailing why they are the ideal candidate for the job and a resume documenting journalism experience. Clips should include 3-5 writing samples and 3-5 photos. Links to video or online work is also of interest and will set an applicant apart. Applications without clips of both writing samples and photos will not be considered.
You may apply at www.lcni.com under Job Opportunities.
Reporter – Greensburg Record Herald
Weekly newspaper in Central Kentucky is seeking a reporter/assistant editor. Reporter will be responsible for general news coverage, photography and pagination. For information, email publisher Walt Gorin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Communications Specialist, Kentucky Energy and Environment Cabinet
The Energy and Environment Cabinet is looking for an energetic and motivated individual with great writing/editing skills to develop or write journalism-type stories, create and maintain a staff of volunteer writers from among the Cabinet’s workforce, and photograph or shoot video content and post all on the Cabinet’s (WordPress) webzine to highlight the accomplishments of the 1,350-member Cabinet. The successful candidate will post daily social media on the Cabinet’s Twitter and Facebook page. The person will write blogs, press releases and handle media overflow as required. The ideal candidate will have SharePoint knowledge and be prepared to approve pages created by the Cabinet’s SharePoint authors.
For more information and how to apply: https://kypersonnelcabinet.csod.com/ats/careersite/search.aspx?site=1&c=kypersonnelcabinet