The 2021 Class of the Kentucky Journalism Hall of Fame was inducted Thursday, May 4 and the virtual presentation is now available for viewing.
To see the inductees and their comments, go to KENTUCKY JOURNALISM HALL OF FAME
This year’s 10 inductees were:
- Michael Collins, who covers economic issues and the White House for USA Today;
- the late Bill Cox, who served as an editor at The Honolulu Star-Bulletin and The Courier-Journal;
- Monica Dias, senior counsel for content and intellectual property at The E.W. Scripps Co. and former reporter for The Cincinnati Post/The Kentucky Post;
- John Lansing, president and CEO of National Public Radio and former managing editor at WAVE-3;
- Keith Lawrence, longtime reporter and columnist with the Owensboro Messenger-Inquirer;
- the late Chuck Olmstead, who was a longtime reporter with WHAS-11;
- the late Bill Powell, who was a reporter for the Paducah Sun;
- Keith Runyon, former editorial page editor of The Courier-Journal and editorial writer of the Louisville Times;
- Pam Spaulding, former photographer of The Courier-Journal;
- and Melissa Swan, former reporter and anchor for WHAS-11.