For just $85, get a full Saturday of training in social, mobile, video and data in suburban Columbus, Ohio, at APME’s NewsTrain on Oct. 21.
The workshop sessions — requested by a committee of local journalists and designed to teach immediately usable digital skills — include:
- Using social media as powerful reporting tools, with Doug Haddix, executive director of Investigative Reporters & Editors;
- Making smart choices in mobile storytelling, with Q. McElroy, director of engagement and optimization at Cox Media Group in Atlanta;
- Shooting short, shareable smartphone video, with Sue Morrow, assistant multimedia director at The Sacramento Bee;
- Maximizing your smartphone for mobile newsgathering, with Jeremy Pelzer, politics reporter for Cleveland.com; and
- Producing data-driven enterprise stories off your beat, with Doug Caruso, assistant metro editor at The Columbus Dispatch.
NewsTrains frequently sell out. Attendees regularly rate NewsTrain as 4.5, with 5 as highly useful and highly effective.
Register today at bit.ly/OhioNewsTrain.
Discounted hotel rooms at $99 a night, plus tax, are available through Sept. 28.