These are just a few of the Job Openings around Kentucky and posted on the KPA website. For more information on these and other Job Openings, visit www.kypress.com and click on Job Bank
Kentucky Association of Electric Cooperatives looking for Communications Office Coordinator
Kentucky Electric Cooperatives is the statewide association that provides services for the 24 local, consumer-owned electric distribution utilities in the state, as well as two generation and transmission cooperatives that produce power. Electric co-ops in Kentucky serve 843,000 consumer-members, providing power to one-third of Kentuckyâs population. Association services include representation before the General Assembly, Congress and regulatory bodies; safety training; coordination of management training; and public relations support including publication of Kentucky Living magazine, the largest circulation publication in the state with about 475,000 copies mailed monthly, with a readership of 1.2 million.
Our organization is looking for a motivated individual to fill our role as a Communications Office Coordinator. This role will provide administrative and project management support for the Communications department and team members, including statewide co-op engagement and the coordination of Kentucky Living magazine functions. Requires strong skills in communication, collaboration, and customer service when interacting with member co-ops and their members, team members, business partners, and readers.
• Some college required; bachelor’s degree preferred
• 2 years’ experience, preferably in a communications and/or editorial environment
• Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills; use of database/spreadsheets; outstanding customer service; high attention to detail
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, within Macintosh environment a plus; Dropbox and similar applications
• Travel when required
KAEC offers a generous benefits package that includes 9 paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental and vision insurance, short/long term disability, company paid life insurance, flexible spending program, educational assistance, company funded pension and a 401(k) plan with employer match.
If working in a fast paced, energetic environment, where you can meet new people across the state of Kentucky and beyond, interests you, please apply at our website at www.kaec.org and follow the Career link to learn more and apply for this exciting position.
Full Time Advertising Sales
Competitive Salary Base, Bonus Commissions, Gasoline Allowance, Company Benefits and Advancement Opportunities.
This is an immediate opening with a training period for taking over an existing advertising and print base.
Jobe Publishing, Inc is a family owned newspaper company servicing South Central Kentucky. This position could be based out of any Jobe property; however Hart and Barren are the primary responsibility and an office will be established in those newspaper facilities.
Copy Editor/Page Designer
The News-Enterprise, a growing, aggressive newspaper in Hardin County, Ky., with a Sunday-Friday publication schedule, is accepting applications for a Copy Editor/Paginator to produce lively, informative and accurate news pages that appeal to a diverse audience in a county of more than 110,000 population that includes Fort Knox. The newspaper is published in Elizabethtown, 40 miles south of Louisville. The candidate who lands this newsroom position will need design skills, copy editing experience and be full of ideas while willing to learn more. The newspaper is interested in individuals who understand and value community journalism and are serious about reaching out to attract new readers, both in print and online. This is an opportunity for an ambitious, enterprising journalist who is serious about moving up in the news business.
The News-Enterprise is a part of Landmark Community Newspapers, LLC, which has more than 50 newspapers and specialty publications across the country. It is the community newspaper division of Landmark Media Enterprises, Norfolk, Va. The company offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) and paid time off benefits. The newspaper can be found at www.thenewsenterprise.com .
- Two years of practical journalism experience preferred, including copy editing, design and pagination
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Proven ability to act decisively and accurately in a fast-paced team work environment that requires handling of multiple tasks
- Proficient in using InDesign, Adobe PhotoShop and other computer programs essential for production of daily newspaper
- Proficient in using computers and Internet applications
- Ability to develop designs, approaches and techniques to attract infrequent readers
- Possess creative flair and be in touch with needs and interests of a diverse readership
- Possess strong communication, organization and time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Must have strong initiative and be adaptable
- Familiarity with AP Stylebook and demonstrated knowledge of grammar and spelling
- Working knowledge and understanding of Hardin County is a plus
- Ability to work primarily evening hours and frequent weekend shifts
Apply at www.lcni.com under Job Opportunities.
The (Madisonville) Messenger is seeking a sports reporter who can help our small daily and associated weeklies broaden and deepen our coverage of high school and recreational sports.
The successful candidate will have newspaper experience and be organized, knowledgeable and passionate about community journalism. Required skills include the ability to produce clean copy, take photographs using our state-of-the-art Nikon DSLRs, and function without a great deal of close supervision. He or she will work as part of a two-person team that covers several high schools.
The Messenger is a six-day daily in Madisonville, Kentucky. We are part of a growing, family-owned chain of more than 30 daily newspapers and numerous weeklies. Madisonville is located in Western Kentucky, and is less than an hour from the paradise of Land Between the Lakes National Recreational Area and just over an hour from booming Nashville, Tennessee.
We offer pay commensurate with experience, company subsidized health, dental and vision insurance, paid time off and other typical benefits.
To apply, email a cover letter explaining why you’re the right person for the job, a resume, and three to five clips to Editor Mike Alexieff at firstname.lastname@example.org .