Join the US Census Bureau’s Data Dissemination Specialist Tim Sarko and Media Specialist Susan Licate for a 60-minute informative session designed especially for journalists.
Thursday, September 16, 2021 at 2:30pm ET/1:30pm CT.
Journalists use Census Bureau data for a wide range of applications—from accessing a single statistic in data.census.gov to complex analyses of data for thousands of geographic areas.
Many of the best news articles based on Census Bureau data are written without the restriction of a deadline, by searching through tables on the U.S. Census Bureau’s web site to find the hidden stories in the data.
In this session, you will learn:
- Where to access 2020 Decennial Census data
- How to use American Community Survey (ACS) Data
- How to access and use Data.census.gov
- Where and when survey data are released
- Procedures for securing SME and interviews
- Census Bureau Embargo policy
- Where to find pitches, tip sheets, and news releases
- How to cite US Census Bureau data