Kevin Slimp: 90 Minutes of InDesign Basics for Newspapers & Magazines
Thursday, June 17
2 pm – 3:30 pm EDT/1 pm – 2:30 pm CDT
So many newspaper designers learned software basics on their own, missing many of the tools available to increase revenue and design better pages and ads. Kevin Slimp was working in InDesign before it even had a name, and he taught a large group of newspaper designers to use the application the week it was first released.
For further information and to register, go to https://newspaperacademy.com/webinar/video-kevin-slimp-basics-of-indesign-for-new-or-newer-users/
In this fast-paced session, Kevin will teach basic skills often overlooked by users of InDesign.
He will cover all the basics and more:
- Multiple Methods of Creating and Placing Text
- Creating and Working with Shapes
- Creating and using different types of styles (character, paragraph, object)
- Placing and Editing Objects and Photos in InDesign
- Using and Creating Colors
- Using the Panels (Palettes) and Tools in the InDesign Toolbar
- Creating PDF Files that Print well on Newsprint
- Creating and Saving Newspaper Pages
- AND MUCH MORE!
- Bring two pens. You’ll need them!
- Get More Information about the June 17 with Kevin Slimp