Ryan Dohrn: 10 Ways to Exceed Your Sales Goals (50 minutes)
Jan 4, 2019 • 11:00 a.m Eastern / 10 Central / 8 Pacific
25-year media sales/marketing veteran, Ryan Dohrn has trained and coached over 4,000 sales professionals.
In this webinar, Ryan will share his best tips on how to exceed your sales goals in 2019. From time management and goal-setting to better client communication strategies, this is a must-attend webinar if you want to blow up your sales numbers in 2019.
Kevin Slimp: InDesign Basics for Newspaper Designers (75 minutes)
Jan 4, 2019 • 1:00 p.m. Eastern / 12 Noon Central / 10 Pacific
No one knows InDesign like Kevin Slimp. Kevin began training designers in the new application the day after it came on the market 20 years ago. In 75 minutes, you will learn enough and more to begin creating ads and pages in Adobe InDesign. Bring two pens. You’re going to need them!
Ed Henninger: Newspaper Design Bootcamp – The Basics and More of Great Newspaper Design (75 minutes)
January 16, 2019 • 3:00 p.m. Eastern / 2 Central / 12 Noon Pacific
Ed Henninger has been designing and redesigning newspapers for three decades and in this session he will share some of his most important tips to help you design a more attractive newspaper. Ed will cover dozens of items from text and fonts to photos and ad placement.
John Hatcher: Reporter’s Bootcamp – Finding and writing better stories (75 minutes)
January 23, 2019 • 1:00 p.m. Eastern / 12 Noon Central / 10 Pacific
Dr. John Hatcher is the best when it comes to coaching and training newspaper reporters and editors. Join Dr. Hatcher as he discusses what every reporter has to know to get and write better stories.
Mike Blinder: Giving Some Love Back to Print Advertising (50 minutes)
January 23, 2019 • 3:00 p.m. Eastern / 2 Central / 12 Noon Pacific
There is no question that digital disruption is effecting our audience and profits. However, are we living a “self fulfilling prophecy” by moving our focus away from leveraging our editorial assets as a core revenue source? There is profit for newspapers when we focus on what we do best! And, modernize our products & sales programs so they become more exciting to our audience and advertisers. Mike Blinder President/ Founder of the Blinder Group is an author and internationally recognized as an expert on media adverting will evangelize on this very topic, showing the the latest research & data that proves we are still a great industry, with great products and a great future ahead. As long as we maintain a proper focus!
Kevin Slimp: Getting those Photos to Pop Off the Page! Photo Editing & Color Correction for Newspapers Using Photoshop (75 minutes)
February 7, 2019 • 1:00 p.m. Eastern / 12 Noon Central / 10 Pacific
No one knows more about photo editing and color correction for newspapers than Kevin Slimp, who has been teaching newspapers the best methods for photo editing since 1994. Join Kevin for this 75 minute webinar as he teaches both basic and advanced skills to make your photos pop right off the page! They don’t call Kevin the News Guru for nothing. This webinar is great for both novice and experienced photo editors.
Ed Henninger: A License to Print Money (50 minutes)
February 14, 2019 • 11:00 a.m. Eastern / 10 Central / 8 Pacific
Here are a few of the items Ed will cover:
1. Sequencing: Making it easier for readers to find what they want. Creating premium positions for advertisers—including some in places you’ve never thought of before.
2. Color: Using it better to attract readers. Using it better to upsell advertisers. Oh…and black and white are colors, too!
3. Photos: Using photos better—and selling them to readers. Greater size equals greater impact. Sell the photo in the credit line—with a link to your web site.
4. Reader-submitted photos: A sure-fire way to get readers involved in your newspaper—and turn their photos into money-makers for your company.
5. Ads in ears: How to design them better, how to use them better.
6. Spacing and structure: Creating a more readable page—and creating better spaces for advertisers.
7. Classifieds: Generating more revenue by creating new opportunities.
8. The “skinny strip:” It can turn any page into a steady profit-maker in only six column inches of space.
9. Upselling: Adding value to content you already sell. Obits, weddings, anniversaries, birthdays.
10. New content: Content that sells…and is written for you. Star Student. School Bulletin Board. Recipe of the week and a lot more!
11. The bonus: Top-down selling—hey, it works for them! How one California paper has turned the world of newspaper advertising upside down!
Dr. John Hatcher: A Survival Guide for Community Newspaper Editors
February 20, 2019 • 3:00 p.m. Eastern / 2 Central / 12 Noon Pacific
Dr. John Hatcher is the best when it comes to training reporters and editors. And now, for the first time, he will be leading a webinar titled, “A Survival Guide for Community Newspaper Editors.”
Veterans and novice editors alike will walk away with valuable information to improve your work at newspapers.
Tim Smith: Ad Rep Bootcamp: What You HAVE TO KNOW to increase your newspaper ad sales!
February 20, 2019 • 1:00 p.m. Eastern / 12 Noon Central / 10 Pacific
Tim Smith has consistently drawn many of the biggest crowds to our webinars over the past two years, and the reason is simple: Tim gets down to the nitty gritty. He’s been there – in the newsroom and on the street. He knows what it takes to sell newspaper advertising. He’s one of the most loved speakers on the circuit today, and you will understand why after attending this webinar. For ad reps and ad managers (and anyone else who wants to know more about increasing revenue at newspapers), this session is a must!