The News Leader Association opened the application process for its upcoming Emerging Leaders Institute for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (ELI) program. ELI is a critical component of NLA’s mission to accelerate the rise of traditionally underrepresented journalists into the management ranks of news organizations.
- 25 journalists will be selected for the online institute
- Applications open June 14 with rolling acceptance until July 23
- Early-bird tuition of $495 is available for applications received by June 30th. Starting July 1st, tuition will increase to $695. We have limited scholarships available.
- The Curriculum: The ELI curriculum includes sessions on leadership skills and values, change management, resource management and budgeting, strategic planning and goal setting, performance management, collaboration and innovation — all through the lens of leading a diverse, successful team.
- The Faculty: Alfredo Carbajal and Jill Geisler co-lead a diverse faculty of expert presenters and media leaders who will be part of each session. Carbajal is the managing editor of Al Día/Dallas Morning News and past president of the News Leaders Association. Geisler is the Bill Plante Chair in Leadership and Media Integrity at Loyola University Chicago and internationally respected voice on newsroom leadership. They have organized NLA’s programs for diverse emerging leaders since 2012.
- More info here